Know Your Mixer Impeller/Agitator Blade Axial Flow Impellers
- Axial flow impellers are shear impellers that facilitate axial flow in fluids (cyclic movement of fluid in a down-up direction).
- Individual blades are typically pitched at a 45 degree angle to facilitate shear stress.
- Axial flow impellers have a balanced shear stress to fluid displacement ratio.
- This ratio can be varied by using blades with a different pitch to match the application.
They are well suited for a broad range of applications, making them one of the more common types of impellers. Applications include:
- High to low viscosity fluid blending
- Suspension of solids, flocculation
- Gas dispersion
You can learn more about the type of mixer impellers best suited for your applications by contacting our experienced professionals at 1-800-367-4180. Follow us on social or visit www.visserssales.com