Factors That Influence the Style and Size of a Pumping System
Many metering pump distributors explain the importance of volume, pressure, and precision when delivering large amounts of chemicals. This is especially true when it comes to the application of metering pumps for water treatment. The requirements are often demanding, and sectors such as the agricultural industry may be heavily affected if the metering pump does not meet the appropriate requirements for the pumping system.
However, metering pumps have gained popularity when it comes to the injection of chemicals and other agricultural applications. That’s why engineers are constantly working towards establishing an array of modes and styles for the pump. This blog articulates all the information necessary for users so you can select the perfect equipment for your injection application needs.
Know The Parameters
Before contacting a metering pump supplier, it’s essential to understand what parameters define what’s best for your chemical injection application. Some of these factors include:
- Flow rate: The metering pump that you’re planning to deploy should not be oversized, and the expected flow rate should be around 85% of the pump’s capacity.
- Materials of construction: Metering pump suppliers often supply the pumps in various materials that include PVC, Kynar polyvinylidene fluoride, 316 stainless steel, etc. You may have to check for a material that’s most compatible with your chemicals. For instance, plastic pumps may be prone to corrosion due to solvent-based chemicals. Therefore, a wise decision would be to go for stainless-steel models.
- Chemical makeup: Some chemicals are more viscous than others. Keeping that factor in mind, you might want to invest in a metering pump that’s able to handle viscosity ranging from 1,500 centipoises to 5000 cPs. Some pumps are also able to handle viscosities up to 20,000 cPs. These pumps are normally designed to allow the movement of solid particles within the fluids as well.
- Method of control: According to metering pump distributors, there are two types of MOC, manual on/off operation and MOC controlled by a process signal. You may have to decide what option to go for according to the process that your metering pump is a part of.
- Environment: It’s important to keep in mind whether you’re planning to use the pump indoors or outdoors. Both environments have different factors impacting the metering pump.
- Driver: Pumps can be driven by various utilities. This includes renewable and nonrenewable resources. It’s best to keep in mind the availability of utilities before deciding what would power the pump.
Looking for a metering pump supplier that will provide you with the best metering pumps? Vissers Sales Corp is here to help you with all your metering pump needs. Contact us today, or visit our website to explore the array of products and services that we have to offer.